New Ideas Festival 2012Regan Macaulay
The New Ideas Festival is coming soon! Wednesday, March 14th, 2012 at 8pm until Sunday, April 1st, 2012 at 4:30pm. 15 short plays (12 productions and 3 staged readings, ranging from 12 to 70 minutes) get world premieres. A different lineup each week in the 24th edition of this annual festival. Evenings: 8pm – Saturday reading: Noon – Saturday or Sunday matinees: 2:30pm. The festival runs March 14 – April 1, 2012.
The lineup has something for everyone, including lovers’ fantasies and regrets, secrets revealed, butterflies, puppets, trips to Newfoundland and to Bali, and an unusual night at the laundromat.
Come, enjoy the plays, and give the playwrights your feedback to help them develop their work.
WEEK ONE: Wednesday, March 14 to Sunday, March 18, 2012
- The Man with the Butterfly Hat by Donna Langevin (directed by Anne MacMillan)
- Our Eliza by Megan Coles (directed by Andrew Freund)
- Let My Mind Run Dry by Cassidy Sadler (directed by Mairin Smit)
- Lover’s Flight by Joel Fishbane (directed by Jonathan Heppner)
READING: Saturday, March 17, 2012
- Eating Pomegranates Naked by Andrea Scott (directed by Kimberly Radmacher)
WEEK TWO: Wednesday, March 21 to Sunday March 25, 2012
- Orpha and Beatrice (Act 1) by Claire Frances Muir (directed by Taylor Graham)
- Less than a Second by Gerry McBride (directed by Peter Bloch-Hansen)
- The End of an Organism by Jordan Mechano (directed by Joanne Williams)
- The Jewell in the Crown by Dianne Forrest (directed by Sukumar Nayar)
READING: Saturday, March 24, 2012
- In Their Glory by Eugenie Carabatsos (directed by David Suszek)
WEEK THREE: Wednesday, March 28 to Sunday, April 1, 2012
- Worms for Sale by Stacy Gardner (directed by Janina Kowalski)
- It All Leads to the Lemon Scene by Pamela Winfrey (directed by Lynn Zeelenberg)
- Everything Blows Away by Kelly DuMar (directed by Chelsea Ferrando)
- Gloria’s Guy (Act 2) by Joan Burrows (directed by Anne Harper)
READING: Saturday, March 31, 2012
- Ganga’s Ganja by Radha Menon (directed by Pam Redfern)
Tickets: $15; PWYC for readings only; Festival pass $35
Box Office: 416-364-4170 (Box 1) or firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, including synopses of the plays, see the New Ideas page on the Alumnae Theatre website.