R.J. Downes named Festival Producer of the Playwrights of Spring FestivalRegan Macaulay
R.J. Downes, Director and Co-producer of Last Dance of the Dark Cloaked Avenger, has been named the Festival Producer of the Playwrights of Spring Festival, Theatre Aurora. Submissions of one-act and full-length plays are currently being accepted – the deadline is November 30th.
The Playwrights Of Spring is a juried festival for new playwrights being presented by Theatre Aurora. The Playwrights of Spring is requesting a:
- Playwrights must be residents of
- Musicals are not eligible but a play with music will be considered
- Full length and One-Act plays are eligible.
- Submitted scripts must not have been published or professionally produced.
- More than one submission per playwright is allowed.
- All plays must be submitted in English.
- Cover page should include all contact information but no information that identifies the playwright should be located elsewhere in the script. The Jurists will have no information regarding the playwrights.
- Hard copy submissions should be stapled, not bound in any way.
- Plays will not be returned unless requested and a stamped, addressed envelope is included.
Please send submissions to: Theatre Aurora, P.O
Electronic submissions may be submitted to: email@example.com
SUBMISSIONS MUST BE POSTMARKED BY
Scripts will be read by a professional panel of judges including: Ron Cameron-Lewis, Playwrights Of Spring Festival Dramaturge; Solange De Santis and; Caroline Smith
Playwrights selected will have a unique opportunity to work with a Dramaturge and have a professional staged production of their work as part of a three week run at Theatre Aurora.
Festival Dates: April 3rd to
Festival Location: Theatre
R.J. Downes is a playwright and theatre artist who has worked with Triple Take Productions in many capacities. Triple Take has produced or co-produced his works, including: Last Dance of the Dark Cloaked Avenger, various sketches for the Sketch TV pilot, Crime and Etiquette, Music and Laughter and Homesick, Judgment and short plays from Multiple Madness and Evening of the Absurd. Projects he has co-written with Regan Macaulay include: The Paradise Lust Romance Series, Watching Mr. Body, The Scary Bitch Project, The Foreign Film and currently, The Silencer. Rob was also the Stage Manager for It Was Kit: The ‘True’ Story of Christopher Marlowe and Crime and Etiquette. He directed Last Dance of the Dark Cloaked Avenger and Crime and Etiquette.